Dr Semple is a fellow of the Royal Australian College of Surgeons in Ear Nose and Throat Surgery.
Whilst he has skill and expertise across this broad field, his particular special interests include
- Major Ear Surgery
- Paediatric ENT surgery
- Cosmetic and Functional Rhinoplasty
Between October 2007 and May 2008 Dr Semple undertook further fellowship training in Ear, Nose and Throat Surgery in Ottawa, Canada’s capital city. Here he expanded his experience in major ear surgery including cochlear implantation (“Bionic Ears”), paediatric (children’s) surgery and rhinoplasty.
Dr Semple continues to see all Paediatric ENT patients, however due to a very high number of referrals and to reduce significant waiting time for available consultations, Dr Semple currently only sees adult patients that have ear problems, or that are interested in Rhinoplasty. Adults with other nose and throat issues are very well managed by the other excellent ENT surgeons in Geelong. All children can continue to be referred.
- Ventilation tubes (Grommets)
- Ear drum reconstructions (Myringoplasty)
- Surgery for cholesteatoma
- Surgery for surfers ear (Exostosis drill out)
- Stapedectomy for otosclerosis
- Bone Anchored Hearing Aids (BAHA)
- Cochlear implants (Bionic Ear)
- Surgery for prominent ears (Otoplasty)
- Surgery for nasal obstruction
- Septoplasty and Turbinoplasties
- Open Septal reconstruction
- Rhinoplasty: Functional and Cosmetic (‘Nose Job’)
- Paediatric Tonsillectomy and Adenoidectomy